Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin landline and SH3 phone socket

I haven't used my landline in ages because the Virgin phone wall socket is in my hallway and nowhere near a 13amp power socket for a cordless phone.

I've just had an SH3 installed and see that there are phone sockets on the back.  How do I get these enabled and get my hands on an adapter as it would be really useful to be able to plug a phone in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin landline and SH3 phone socket

I'm sure it would be useful, but VM won't enable the ports for existing subscribers unless part of the phased regional roll-out of the new system they are engaged in. We have no details of that but you will get a letter about it when it hits your area. All areas will be converted by 2025. In the meantime its the wall socket only.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's disappointing! Thanks for the reply. Seems daft having to pay them to come and move the wall socket when there is a perfectly good socket on the modem, but there we are!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Dillz2003 You could always buy a telephone extension cable long enough to reach a suitable position near a power outlet.

They should be easy to source via an online supplier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos