Menu
Bettyrose
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin connection

We have been with virgin now  4/5 years  the problem his we thought at the time we were cabled up from the junction box up the street to our cable box in the house from what ive found out they could not install a cable from the junction box what they did was to piggy back us with next door  sure this his incorrect what does every one think about this 

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin connection

That's pretty normal, the cab in the street is just a large splitter with up to 50 customers connected to it.  So not much different to sharing a drop with your neighbour.  Blocks of flats also normally have a number of cables coming in and then splitters connecting each flat.

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin connection

Whilst not common there is nothing wrong with the connection set up you describe.  It is a way to get a connection when installing a cable to the property is problematic.

However, these are usually temporary arrangements, but if your connection is working ok then there is nothing to worry about.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks