Menu
ryanwilkes
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Pipe Showing in Garden

Hi,

We just moved into a property and the virgin/telewest cable is in places showing above the soil in the garden. Ideally wed like this removing as we are going to cover up the garden with a drive. 

Would virgin come out and remove as i dont think this green pipe should be above ground.

Regards,

Ryan Wilkes

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Pipe Showing in Garden

no VM will not remove the cable. They may come out and bury it
0 Kudos
ryanwilkes
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response - i'll give them a call as im guessing you are not an employee - but thanks anyway

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

correct. staff will get here in the next week and can advice
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you are better to wait here - ringing CS would give you problems

1 - you are not a customer so that would confuse the issue

2 - they may not understand the problem as its unlikely to be on their crib sheet

you could bury it yourself if there was sufficient spare cable - as to removing it advice from staff on here is mixed - some say you should not remove it siting that its VM's cable and they have permission for it to be there - thats questionable as its not covered in the legal agreement that is your deeds and any wayleave is not subject to law as you are the new owner - that i would add is my understanding of the legal state of things

for it to be buried the local area manager would have to arrange that - the last time i was in a thread the statement from the area manager was for the occupier to remove it

so wait for VM and see how they see it 

Tony
0 Kudos