Menu
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media launch Google Smart Home trial

VM google-smart-home-trial 

• Virgin Media trials a new range of Google Nest Smart Home packages that will work seamlessly alongside its ultrafast broadband
  • Expert installation and tech support available to ensure smart home devices work seamlessly
  • Virgin Media customers in Cardiff, Manchester and Southampton will be the first to trial the new service
  • Devices available on flexible payment plans starting at just £10 per month

Virgin Media Smart Home bundles with inclusive tech support

As part of Virgin Media’s Smart Home trial, three different bundles are available:

• Smart Home (£10 p/m on a 36 month contract or £20 p/m on an 18 month contract)

Includes Nest Hello Doorbell and Nest Hub (7 inch screen)

• Smart Home Pro (£21 p/m on a 36 months contract or £42p/m on an 18 month contract)

Includes Nest Hello Doorbell, Nest Hub Max (10 inch screen, 6.5MP camera), Nest Indoor Cam and Nest Outdoor Cam

• Smart Home Pro Max (£28 p/m on a 36 months contract or £56p/m on an 18 month contract)

Includes Nest Hello Doorbell, Nest Hub Max (10 inch screen, 6.5MP camera), 2 x Nest Indoor Cam, 2 x Nest Outdoor Cam

Customers that sign up for any of the Smart Home bundles will benefit from expert installation from a trained Virgin Media engineer who will help install and set up the products quickly and easily. They will also be able to rely on a dedicated tech support team which is just a call away from providing help to resolve any issues.  

Eligible Virgin Media customers in Cardiff, Manchester and Southampton will receive an email with more information on how to sign up to the service.

Customers in Ireland have had the option of subscribing to the smart home package since October 2019. 

ie/smart-home/  with details of the smart kit available there which also includes the Google Chromecast and TP-Link Smart Plug (maybe they will be added to the UK offering in the future)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media launch Google Smart Home trial

are they planning on using a different hub then? as none of the current virgin hub would cope with that sort of equipment reliably.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Would never touch any Google equipment with a barge poll. They are renowned for disconnecting products or facilities, just check on some of the facilities recently removed from the Nest range.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

all companies discontinue products at some point, google are no different.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

all companies discontinue products at some point, google are no different.

Just much quicker to junk their customer's equipment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@spgray I've questioned that BQM before, but it continues to get worse.  Are you/VM intentionally making it a work of great horror as we approach Halloween? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

@spgray I've questioned that BQM before, but it continues to get worse.  Are you/VM intentionally making it a work of great horror as we approach Halloween? 

sent you a PM

0 Kudos