Menu
SeanMonty
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media hiding known issue with V6 remotes

Virgin Media appear to be closing threads in which no workable solution has been provided for their V6 remotes. I have tried everything: received new remotes from virgin; changed batteries several times, several different brands; but the problem of faulty remote controllers persists. The problem is intermittent for most people, regardless of what batteries they are using. The light on the box and remote comes on every time the button is pressed, so it seems unlikely to be a battery issue, rather a bluetooth issue.

This has been an ongoing issue for me for well over a year. And will be leaving Virgin because of it. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media hiding known issue with V6 remotes

I have 3 V6's and never have any problems with any of my 4 (!) remotes - unless I drop one and the batteries drop out 🙂
What issues do you have that VM is ignoring?
Are you using them in RF (not Bluetooth!) or IR mode - I have some set to RF and others on IR - both modes are working for me.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

When I press any button on my V6 remote its light flashes red (but green for volume).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
ModTeam
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Post moved to tech chatter board as previously answered here.

Please don't raised multiple threads regarding the same issue.

Best,

0 Kudos
SeanMonty
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

But that answer is inadequate. It is not a one-size-fits-all solution to the issue customers are experiencing.

0 Kudos
SeanMonty
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I know that some and probably most remote work fine. I have seen people post "mine works fine" quite a bit, which is irrelevant to those whose remotes are not functioning correctly.

Issue: regardless of what batteries are used, the remote, which lights up each time it's pressed, fails to perform the functions of the button pressed. This issue is intermittent. Some days it works fine, others the box is unresponsive. We have had replacement controllers and the problem persists.

The "solution" in the original thread does not work for me.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If you have had umpteen replacement remotes and none work to your satisfaction then either you are doing something wrong (e.g. pairing) or the V6 is faulty (assuming that hasnt been replaced as well).

In either case you need to insist on a technician to visit so they can see the problem for him/herself and replace whatever component they believe to be faulty.
And dont let them leave or sign their "job completion satisfactorily" form until you are are sure it is correct.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

or RF interference in the area. if the fault happens with different hardware then look at external factors
0 Kudos
SeanMonty
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

"In either case you need to insist on a technician to visit so they can see the problem for him/herself and replace whatever component they believe to be faulty.
And dont let them leave or sign their "job completion satisfactorily" form until you are are sure it is correct."

A technician visited on Tuesday. The issue is that the remote works intermittently. I can't keep the technician hostage till it stops working again.

0 Kudos
SeanMonty
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

or RF interference in the area. if the fault happens with different hardware then look at external factors

Hi, I don't experience any other RF problems.

0 Kudos