Menu
Odoggs
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Postcode Checker Wrong?

Hi,

I just moved into a new house and I’m checking the broadband availability. I’ve checked SamKnows and other sites that pull OpenReach data which all say my exchange support virgin media fibre however the virgin media website’s own postcode checker says it’s unavailable. 

Can anyone help identify what’s going on please?

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Postcode Checker Wrong?

Hi there

Let me take a look into this for you.

I will pop you a private message to take some details regarding this

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

that pull OpenReach data which all say my exchange support virgin media” as VM do not use the OpenReach infrastructure or even their exchanges I do not see how this can be correct. /

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Odoggs
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies. I just meant they pull data about what broadband services are available in my postcode. They all say virgin media is available. I don’t know exactly where their data comes from - I assumed it was OpenReach since they seem to be some kind of gatekeeper of infrastructure - , I just know it doesn’t match the virgin media postcode checker and wondered why there was a discrepancy. I’m very sorry my lack of technical understanding is an issue. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

openreach have absolutely nothing to do with viring, and are certainly not the "gatekeeper" of any infrastructure other than their own.

samknows data can be wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos