Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Hub

Can anyone help a 83 year old man who does not understand broadband?. I recently updated my account with vm and they are sending me a new up to date hub,but I am not able to install it that easy because one my age and secondly it is puzzling me. I know the ethernet lead and where it goes,plus the coaxlead and where it goes but cannot figure out where the black lead goes from my old VM hub?is it a phone cable or just the power cable,plus it says to be used only on hub 2 on the ticket attached.Please help as I am at a loss/Many Thanks Robert James Bridge ie [MOD EDIT: Removed]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Hub

Good Evening Robert,

The black cable marked hub 2 only is the power lead, this will need to be replaced with the new one sent with the new hub.

I hope this helps you.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to be a pest but what will the new cable look like please. robert James Bridge

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry where does it go on the new hub please?. Robert James Bridge

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many Thanks Matt very helpful only one more question sorry I sound so stupid but what does it look like and whereon the new hub do I plug it in. Apreciate your help as I am 83 and confused. robert james Bridge

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to be a pest but what will the new cable look like please. robert James Bridge

The new cable should look the same, it will be black and have a brick attached at one end a circular plug on the one end, it should slot into the new hub towards the bottom near an on and off switch.

power adapter and transformerpower adapter and transformer

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos