Menu
Highlighted
Hero
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM expanding its FTTP network

Virgin Media has already started to roll out fibre to the premise (FTTP) in Cambridgeshire and Leicestershire with work expected to start soon in West Yorkshire, Devon and East Sussex.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-announces-largest-uk-... 

The above is in addition to upgrading the existing network from DOCSIS 3.0 to 3.1 which is planned for completion at the end of 2021.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM expanding its FTTP network

That article says it was published in 2016?

Matt
If I've helped please let me know 🙂

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Furloughed Chef
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Silly of me to give out old news. 😞

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Virgin Media has already started to roll out fibre to the premise (FTTP) in Cambridgeshire and Leicestershire with work expected to start soon in West Yorkshire, Devon and East Sussex.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-announces-largest-uk-... 

The above is in addition to upgrading the existing network from DOCSIS 3.0 to 3.1 which is planned for completion at the end of 2021.

Yep! Old news. Cambs & Leicestershire were completed in 2018. West Yorks shortly after. Plymouth network extended to Ivybridge last year. Torbay expansion is ongoing with network build in Brixham currently in progress. East Sussex (Brighton) network build completed to Lewes & Newhaven. Seaford is also included in this franchise area & I understand the feeder duct has been extended to the town, although no actual build has started.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos