Menu
chrisGDN
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded equipment

I've been with Virgin Media for over 5 years now and still have the original (large) box and I'm assuming a very outdated WiFi box. When should I expect these to be upgraded? I spoke to customer service around a year ago and they said it will happen automatically and I don't need to ask but I've not heard anything since. Can anyone advise? 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded equipment

they won't be upgraded unless you request them to be.

what "original large box" are you referring to?
and what version of the hub do you have? (you can identify it here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean)

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don't often proactively upgrade boxes, usually when they break then they upgrade

0 Kudos
chrisGDN
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the TiVo box which is starting to become very sluggish. I also have the hub 2 WiFi route which again is very temperamental. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you should be entitled to a free update to the Hub3, however some prefer to remain on the hub2 as it performs better than the hub3 in some cases.

you could replace the Tivo with a V6 or V360, however that might require a re-contract or package change.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

chrisGDN
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Managed to get the v6 upgrade along with the hub 3 upgrade all free with no installation charge. Plus they upgraded my package if I renewed for the same price I was paying. Win win. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos