Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unlock Nokia 100 Virgin Media Phone

Why do Virgin Media make it near impossible to unlock an old Virgin Media SP locked handset. 

the handset will only work with the red sims which are now redundant since VM moved to the new purple sims. 

Contacted their customer services several times and ignored. 

After the appalling non service I received from Virgin Media my number was ported over to another provider. 

There’s an online form but have been ignored once again. 

Other providers can unlock their old phones so why can’t Virgin Media?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlock Nokia 100 Virgin Media Phone

VM are absolutely hopeless at ANYTHING customer related, except taking their money (and they are really good at that!) and signing up new customers (strange that if you want to sign up, the phone is answered almost straight away, but if you want to leave/complain/ need help, you may as well come back next week ...funny that!!)

They really don't care less, if  you have a problem with their services, as long as the DD goes out every month.

RE getting a PAC from other networks, ID did mine in around 5 hours, from start to finish... VM....3 weeks and STILL waiting?? The 'text' service is a joke, literally.....'we aim to reply in 72 hours or less'  I assume they live in a time warp, as 3 weeks later, still not had a reply.... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sb12332

Sorry to see you've chosen to move to a new provider after we've been unable to unlock the handset you had with the former Red SIM card. 

If there's anything further you need assistance with, do please drop us a response below

@HughJarsse,

Can you please advise me if you still need your PAC code?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you please advise me if you still need your PAC code?

Hi David,

Hopefully, Emma_C has successfully sorted this for me, just waiting for a PM reply from her.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After speaking to virgin customer services it seems that my phone is hard locked. 

as the Nokia 100 doesn’t have a USB connection it would mean a technician with the appropriate jig resetting the code counter so the code can be entered. 

for a handset that worth a tenner it doesn’t really seem worth it. 

Virgin Media really needs to sort its customer services out. The customer service over the phone I received on several occasions was really poor.

Also when you submit a complaint to the CEO out of frustration and then receive a letter saying we’re going to close the complaint down in 28 days if you don’t call the same customer services number that gave you the below par service isn’t brilliant  

0 Kudos