forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
cicicopsey
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unknown phone calls/disconnected.

I am extremely concerned and disappointed with the lack of urgency regarding a current issue.

My services were disconnected, despite me having paid the bill this month. I have had no contact from Virgin Media at all and only found this out when none of my virgin services were working. When I went onto my account there was nearly £500 worth of calls made! Baring in mind,  I do not use this phone AT ALL. They only need to see my account to know I haven't ever made a single phone call. The calls don't even make sense, one of them was 24 hours long within a day!

When I called they said they would send someone out, but charge £99 if they don't find a fault! Which I find outrageous as I have not even made these calls and surely it is virgin media's responsibility as a service provider to protect from this kind of scam by having a secure line? The distress caused by this is already enough without the threat of having to pay even more money!

They also can't send them for nearly 2 weeks! Which, as a teacher during a pandemic, I absolutely need the internet to do my job!

This seems unacceptable and to remain disconnected until this has been investigated also seems grossly unfair. I am a key worker and I am being stopped from being able to do my job!

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unknown phone calls/disconnected.

Hello cicicopsey

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your services, the landline charges and the wait of 2 weeks to get this investigated 

I can look at this for you now

I will need to pass security first by a private message

Just check your purple envelope top right of your screen

Once that has been done

I can get an engineer out asap to check for any crossed lines 

Once that has been done and we can determine the calls are not legitimate

A credit can be placed on the account and the services can be unrestricted 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team