Menu
DrSteveBrown
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tv problems

I’ve had a problem watching films, generally on demand.  It stood the film, says there’s a cable unplugged.  Everything is still connected.  I unconnect it all, reboot the box and we’re fine for a few days or weeks.  I have rung CS twice and been told there’s a cable unplugged.   It’s been going on for ages and I’m generally too busy to complain or can’t find a way to do so.  
I’m trying this now.  

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv problems

If it’s a V6 box, I believe the data will come via your VM hub. So if the V6 is connected to the hub via an Ethernet cable all should be fine, if it’s connected via WiFi you can get drop outs due the the numerous problems with WiFi.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
DrSteveBrown
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don’t think it’s. V6 box, from my recollection it’s a TiVo, the only markings are 1Tb 

it’s plugged indirectly into the router because that’s been put in another room.  Connected via the mains if that makes sense 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Original TiVo Is a large box with rounded edges, has a number of visible small buttons and also has a SCART socket on the back. The V6 is a small squat box with only one LED visible on the top right.

There is a possibility that you have a circuit problem, so please go into your hub on 192.168.0.1 and post your up/downstream stats and network log. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
DrSteveBrown
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes it’s a very large box. 

“There is a possibility that you have a circuit problem, so please go into your hub on 192.168.0.1 and post your up/downstream stats and network log. “

How do I go into my hub on .....

sorry imagine I’m not an idiot they don’t know how stupid they are 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo boxes do not require a connection to the VM hub as they have their own inbuilt modem.  The TiVo should be connected to a VM wall box via a coax cable.  Check that the connections are tight at each end.

Is the 'online' light on the front of the TiVo box flashing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DrSteveBrown
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou Graham.  
the coax connections are both tight, undoing and redoing the coax at the box has helped resolve the situation but I also reboot at the same time 

online light is constant   

I wonder why I’ve indirectly tried to connect it to the hub then, it certainly wasn’t installed like that   

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You would need a connection to the Hub if you want to use all the functions of the VM TV Control app or to use box to box streaming if you have multiple TiVo/V6 boxes in the house.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DrSteveBrown
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That explains it then.  I must have added it for the app.  

still doesn’t explain why I get a lose connection fault half way through a film every now and then.   It’s so frustrating 

0 Kudos
DrSteveBrown
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And because I tagged the answer as helpful it’s marked it as answered when it isn’t really.   
One part the connection to the hub is. 
the main part about the TiVo box cutting out during films isn’t 

please continue to help 

0 Kudos