cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv and connection issues

pooles099
Joining in

Hi all, I have a Panasonic Viera TV which says it is connected to my internet, but my app says it isn’t. I only watch apps through my TV such as Netflix. For the last three days it has let me view the apps select a programme but then lets me go no further. It’s the same for all the apps. I’ve changed batteries. Reset the router. Factory restored TV changed router name and password. But cannot resolve the issue has anyone had similar issues and can help??

3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Is it possible to connect the TV to the hub with an Ethernet cable?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Unfortunately not. It has been working for months fine, just the last three days but nothing changed

Here are some other possible solutions that you could try:

Check if the router is blocking the TV by MAC address. You can do this by logging into your router's settings and checking if the TV's MAC address is in the allowed list.

Ensure that other devices connected to the same network can access the internet. You can do this by plugging a laptop into the same network cable.

Try restarting both the TV and the router by switching them off and on again.

Check if there is a software update available for your TV. You can do this by going to the TV settings and selecting "System Update".

If your TV is connected to the internet through a wired connection, ensure that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to both the TV and the router.

If you are using a wireless connection, try connecting the TV to a different Wi-Fi network and check if the issue persists. If it does not, then the problem could be with your router's settings.

If none of the above solutions work, it could be a hardware issue with your TV. In that case, you may need to contact Panasonic customer support or a professional technician for assistance.

I hope one of these solutions helps you resolve the issue with accessing apps on your Panasonic Viera TV.