Menu
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box ( Original )

I have an original Virgin Media Tivo box in my spare room with it's own remote , for some reason the remote has ceased operating the Tivo box and therefore the television making it impossible for me to change channels with the remote , the red light comes on when you press the remote buttons but does not link up with the box or the tv , any help will be gratefully received as it's a pain having to change channels from the box.

Regards

Colin Bruce 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box ( Original )

Hi Brucie,

Silly question but have you changed the batteries?

If that doesn't work you can order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help and advice  , yes i have changed the batteries but didn't work  , so following your advice have ordered a new remote  , does it work automatically or will i need to tune it in ? As unfortunately being of the older generation and not too technically adept i struggle with certain things if they become too technical  ?

Kind Regards 

Brucie 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Brucie,

Thanks for the update. I hope the replacement remote arrives quickly.

You'll need to pair the new remote with the box.

Instructions are on this page virgin-tv-pairing-tv-remote 

You say you have a TIVO box, so for now you could download the TV Control app if you have a suitable phone or tablet, and use the remote control function built into the app until the replacement remote arrives.

There's a link to download that app on the page I gave you in my previous post  just below where you ordered the replacement remote.

download-tv-control-app 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Much appreciated   , thanks for your help and advice it's well received and pleased with the help you get from the Virgin Community. 

Kind Regards 

Brucie