cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message about essential work

JW74
Joining in

Hi, it's Virgin Media. Just a reminder that we'll be carrying out essential works on our network on Tue 13 Jun, which could interrupt your services. We're sorry about that & will try and get you back online as soon as possible.

My question is what time will this be done?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

raymonddaley
Tuning in

My experience with these is you almost never notice any outages. Received notifications of work at least a dozen times, never had any loss of service during them, or at least any which was noticable.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

raymonddaley
Tuning in

My experience with these is you almost never notice any outages. Received notifications of work at least a dozen times, never had any loss of service during them, or at least any which was noticable.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM never advise of the time for maintenance wotk.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Plan your day to be off-service from 8am-6pm, there's a strong chance you won't be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JW74 wrote:

Hi, it's Virgin Media. Just a reminder that we'll be carrying out essential works on our network on Tue 13 Jun, which could interrupt your services. We're sorry about that & will try and get you back online as soon as possible.

My question is what time will this be done?

Thanks

Sign in to MyVirgin Media via their website & look at the service status (it doesn’t work on the app for some reason). There should be a link somewhere on the page about any planned maintenance that will take you to the details. A lot of the maintenance takes place overnight if it is related to headend & not street equipment.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks