Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Telly Tablet constantly reboots after upgrade

I received a msg that the latest system software had been downloaded, so went ahead with the upgrade. Once complete I signed back in, but the tablet rebooted itself after about 1 minute. Tried powering off, resetting wifi, etc, but the tablet now reboots 1 minute after sign in every time. I started it is safe mode, same thing happened, it reboots. I attempted to do a factory reset, but there is not quite enough time before it reboots itself again. Any advice would be welcomed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telly Tablet constantly reboots after upgrade

Hi Josie,

Sorry to see you are having problems with the telly tablet following the system update. It's possible that the file was corrupted.

You could try the following.

Turn the tablet off and then hold the volume up, home and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Keep holding the buttons until you see the android robot or the VM logo.
Now using the volume down button, scroll down to wipe cache partition. The tablet should tell you how to select that option, generally you either have to press the on/off button  or the volume up button 

When wipe cache partition is complete. Select reboot system now.

Hopefully that helps, although it can be irritating getting the button presses just right.

If all that fails you might have to book your telly tablet in for repair  https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/phoneRepairs  

At the bottom of the screen it will ask for your  IMEI number which you probably haven't got,  so click the radio box and type in TV TELLYTABLET 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The support for the telly tablet is done through a 3rd party company you can conttact them - Their contact number is 01282 858460 or you can send over an email to virginsupport@exertis.co.uk

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. I was able to do a factory reset after pressing the power button and up volume buttons. Lost a couple of files, but at least tablet is working again. I will avoid future upgrades. 

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josie62,

Thanks for the update, that's brilliant news.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos