Menu
Bengie
Superfast
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Synchronizing

Has anyone any idea why I am getting these Sync error messages, it's only with Virgin email addresses:

11:18:50 Synchronizer Version 16.0.13231.20098

11:18:50 Synchronizing Mailbox 'xxxxx@virginmedia.com'

11:20:14 Terminated in error

11:20:14                                 [800CCC0F-0-0-940]

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Synchronizing

Hi Bengie,

I see you had the same issue last September. What fixed it last time?   Thread 1  Thread 2  

Looking at thread 2 Lindsey_C advised that there had been issues which were now fixed

You replied, "I still seem to be sending/receiving ok but I get the in the folder named Sync issue .and wondered why."

Where are you accessing your email when seeing the sync errors?

Is it just a particular program such as Outlook ( if so which version) ? Or just on individual equipment such as a mobile or PC? Does it work ok via webmail?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi na,

yes, the same as last time and nor real cure for it was suggested so there was nothing I could do and eventually it stopped doing it.

Yes, using MS Outlook 365.

I've had a real good scout around the net and there doesn't seem to be any answers especially from the MS trouble shooter forum (what a surprise).   I did read that it was resyncing because of some changes in the server and as it's only the vigin.com emails that are affected I have to assume they have made some changes.

Last night reply emails were bouncing and as they were replies to a friend it couldn't have been a mistype in the address.

I just thought I would ask on here, someone might have known the reason and could explain.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried running MS Outlook 365 in safe mode?

1. Press the keyboard shortcut Win+R to open the Run dialog box. ...
  2. In the Run dialog box, enter outlook.exe /safe and select OK.
  3. In the Choose Profile window, choose the default Outlook option and select OK to open that profile.
  4. Outlook starts in safe mode.

You could also try repairing the data files in case they are causing problems  repair-outlook-data-files   Read through it carefully.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, I would if I could but.....  D'ya want a laugh!

I went into Apps and Features and clicked on my Office and then on Modify and then on Repair.

rep.jpg

It didn't repair it, it sent it to heaven, it's gone, completely uninstalled.

No more messing, I'm going to download a nice fresh copy of Windows 10 from MS, Sanitize my M.2 and do a completely clean reinstall.

Then I will go back to my MS account and reinstall a clean copy of Office 365, set up my email accounts again and see what happens.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Oh boy Bengie,

That's a bit drastic. Why not just try reinstalling Office before installing a clean copy of Windows? 

Dave

0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

All done.

Fresh download, fresh install on a sanitized drive. I have kept everything to the minimum and only install the intel chipset driver and my sound card driver.

Fresh download and Install of Office 365 and set up just one @virginmedia.com email account, (my main one), and it has been Synchronizing for  more than 30 minutes.

The thing is as well, Microsoft stores stuff at their end.  All clean, all new but my own desktop and all the favourites are there in the favourites bar.  If I had done the install of Windows without the internet connected I would have got the smoky window and all favourites would be gone.

I'll leave this synchronizing until it finishes with just the one account set up and then add another non virgin and see what happens.

I'll come back with what happens just in case this interests anyone 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Bengie,

Hopefully the additional accounts won't cause probelms when you add them.

I suggest adding them one at a time, and test them that way in case the sync issue reoccurs as it may narrow down the problem to a specific email address.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave.  I will also try your suggestion earlier of Safe Mode should this continue syncing.

0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My @virgin has been synchronizing for almost 2 hours now so I deleted it.

I added a .mail account and no problems in or out and no sync problems.  Re-added the virgin one and same problem so it is definitely the virgin.com accounts that are the problem.

The .mail account is imap the same as the virgin one so can't be that.  Seems not only are Virgin crap at customer relations and service but they are crap at setting up their email servers.  It has to be that as no problem at all with gmx.co.uk  outlook.com  aol.com  or gmail.com and they are all set up with imap.

0 Kudos