Menu
Ypnos
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 4 doesn't work on M500?

Since I got M500 in October, I can't get more than 100 to 200Mbit on ethernet while WiFi gets 560Mbit. Have tried everything I possibly can and I'm stuck.

After spending hours on hold only to be hung up on, I managed to get someone remotely technical on the text mesagaing after 7 days of being passed from random departments to bots and back again. 

Anyway, VM is sending out a new Superhub 3 but I was very perplexed when the guy said that Superhub 4 does not work with M500. He said its "1Gb only"

Is this true?? Doesn't sound very future proofed or correct.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 4 doesn't work on M500?

it's nonsense.
there are people with a hub4 that aren't on the 1gps package.
you do need to be in a DOCSIS3.1 area though to be able to use a hub4.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 4 doesn't work on M500?

Can you try the speedtest this way...

As you expect >100Mbps then connect a 1GB enabled computer/laptop, with up to date drivers, via a known good and working Cat5e (or better) ethernet cable, directly to the Hub which you have first put into “modem mode” (see VM website for “How To”). Test at speedtest.net (not using their App!) to your nearest VM server - try on 2 different browsers.

If they are still low – boot the device into safe+networking mode and try again.

There are many posts on here where unknown/flaky software, old network card drivers, corrupted browsers or other connected devices are limiting speeds on tests and this procedure will negate them all.

Report back what that gets.
---

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos