Menu
Ivan_Leung
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 Free Upgrade

After being on hold for over 30 minutes on the phone until the battery ran out on my phone, I am hoping for a easier time posting here and let the service team contact me.

My superhub 2 seems to have develop an intermittent problem (wifi not working and needing to restart, random internet dropout and just power out completely), so I think it is now time for me to get a free upgrade to superhub 3, so hoping for someone from the service team to contact me.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 3 Free Upgrade

Hi Ivan,

this link works for some people to upgrade their hub  hubswap 

If it doesn't work then you would need to either call in or send a text message.

However if your current hub is working ok then I wouldn't change it, as in the old adage, domn't fix what isn't broken.

IF you do try the text messaging service then just send  a text with a description of hub swap  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

However if calingl  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Ivan_Leung
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help.  The web link failed at the last step and told me to call, so I am dropping them a text.

sprotbro
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tried to get the free upgrade, when it shows the breakdown, my monthly bill would go up by £5 a month, hardly free

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@sprotbro wrote:

Tried to get the free upgrade, when it shows the breakdown, my monthly bill would go up by £5 a month, hardly free

I assume that includes a package change.

Upgrading to the HUB 3 IS free.

0 Kudos
sprotbro
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

so how do i order the free upgrade, thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Contact VM.

By text on 07533 051 809 so you don't have to wait on hold.

0 Kudos
fixsecscwgfl
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I text the number and explained the situation and they just fobbed me off to ring up Customer Services.

Not sure what else I can do but wait an hour on the phone but seems selfish when there could be more urgent cases than me trying to contact CS

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You have tagged onto a ~6 month old thread. Start your own saying what you currently have and what are the problems you are having with it that you think an upgrade will solve

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
fixsecscwgfl
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John for the info so am I best to start a new thread or replying here?
Don't want to upset anyone.
0 Kudos