Menu
wilsonm10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 and Microsoft Teams

So this is my issue and been on the phone to Virgin, who after an hour could not help.

I have a work Laptop with MS Teams which is on the latest version, when I initiate a call I can not hear the other person, if they call me everything is fine. If I join a Teams Conference no issues.

The laptop and Superhub are 5 metres apart in the same room, broadband upload and download is fine (200mb line)

Working in the office, I have no issues Teams works fine, so I know it is an issue at home (Virgin), I have tried a ethernet cable and still have the same issue, so looking at the Superhub 2 (standard config) and my son who works for a different company  has the exact same issue.

We have just setup a hotspot at home using a mobile and Teams works perfectly which as far as I am concerned proves it is a Virgin configuration issue

However according to Virgin, there are no issues....

The only other thing I can try is turn the Superhub 2 in to a Modem only and purchase a wifi router, which I am reluctant to do.

Any ideas on this.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 and Microsoft Teams

Not sure what is causing the issues for you - someone else might comment - but your last idea will be the ultimate solution.

My SH2 has been in "modem mode" since the day it was delivered and I have no problem at all with MS Teams or Zoom - either on wifi or ethernet connections - from my own wireless router.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos