Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2 and Hub 3 power supply - the same?

Can I just use the power supply from my Super Hub 2 in my Hub 3? They have the same spec 12V 2.5A so that shouldn't be an issue but wanted to check. If I can, it would save me having to empty and remove a fitted unit. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Super hub 2 and Hub 3 power supply - the same?

Worked fine for me.  Low voltage DC power units are commodity items, so if specs match go ahead (and in my experience also worked OK with a similar spec Casio keyboard PSU).

For future reference, it might be worth considering that PSUs don't last for ever, and building them in is a bad idea.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It's not too difficult to get to the PSU, just a bit of a bother to empty it first then pull away from the wall. Might look at cutting a hole in for quicker access. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Basically you can use any good quality power supply as long as you follow these rules;

Must be the correct voltage

Must supply the same or greater amps. 

Must not supply lower amps.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos