Menu
Tarek8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Struggling with VM and Hub 4, help needed

Hi everyone, I received my Hub 4 today and set it all up.  The service has been activated but I am not getting any internet service.  Devices connect to the hub successfully and there is a non flashing bright white light on the box.  

I have got through to second line support twice who tried to diagnose the problem at their end but struggled.  Everything they asked me to try did t work.  Has anyone experienced this/a similar situation.  How did you go about resolving it?

My experience with telephone support can only be described as catastrophic at best.  Six hours of being put on hold, futile conversations ana waiting for callbacks that never happened! 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Struggling with VM and Hub 4, help needed

When i got my SH4, I plugged it in, Phoned Support, told them what i needed to activate, Provided them with the MAC code.

5Mins later i have 1Gig internet. Happy Days.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Tarek8
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks RedGooner, according to the customer support guys I have been activated but still no internet.  It’s all a bit odd.

I assume the MAC code is needed when you move from another ISP, correct? They never asked me for my MAC code but I assume that is because I was moving from one Virgin contract to another. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you do not need a MAC code for anything on VM.

MAC code is used for moving between Open reach based ISPs
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think it's clear that RedGooner meant MAC address which is needed to uniquely register the hub on the user's account.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Tarek8
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The issue got resolved today.  Engineer dropped by to change the box.  Third box worked.  Issues with the H/W and activation services appear to be a common occurrence. 

0 Kudos