Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Software Version

Hi,

Can someone tell me if i have the latest firmware/software on my Hub 3.0 please.

Hardware Version = 10

Software Version = 9.1.1811.401

DOCSIS 3.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Software Version

@davsco1973 Please don't post multiple threads for the same issue, it just clutters up the forum and is against the house rules.  I have removed your duplicate post.

The firmware can vary from area to area as sometimes VM test new firmware in select areas before rolling it out nationwide.  Even a nationwide roll out is done a few areas at a time rather than the whole country on the same day.  Why do you want know if you have the "latest" firmware?  Do you have an issue?

All I can tell you is that you appear to have a newer firmware than me, I have 9.1.1802.613.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I just received 9.1.1811.401 10 minutes ago!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Mine also upgraded last night
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@SCA1972 wrote:

@davsco1973 Please don't post multiple threads for the same issue, it just clutters up the forum and is against the house rules.  I have removed your duplicate post.

The firmware can vary from area to area as sometimes VM test new firmware in select areas before rolling it out nationwide.  Even a nationwide roll out is done a few areas at a time rather than the whole country on the same day.  Why do you want know if you have the "latest" firmware?  Do you have an issue?

All I can tell you is that you appear to have a newer firmware than me, I have 9.1.1802.613.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

@SCA1972    FWIW both my Production SH3/Hub and other (not allowed to mention) "Test" SH3 in BN37N_ both updated (via NMS!!!) from V9.....603 to v9.1.1811.601 also on 13/1/20.   Only issue so far  is Production(V10 Hardware) Hub no longer has "Change Password" option in "Admin"  menu despite reboot (I can't reset as it will  likely  backout the NMS push) 

Since I'm no longer a VIP (only a 10 year Variably Intolerant Poster? 😛 ) I can't elaborate further on Public forum so perhaps you be so kind to pass this on to the current "secret squirrel" CPE co-ordinator.  

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @horseman 

Could you please send me a screenshot of the Admin menu where you're not seeing an option to change the password please? Could you also confirm the MAC address for this specific hub?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

20200120_150400.jpg

Above is a screen shot of my hub details

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Love it. VM asking you to break forum rules when they should have asked for the details via “purple mail”.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B wrote:

Hi @horseman 

Could you please send me a screenshot of the Admin menu where you're not seeing an option to change the password please? Could you also confirm the MAC address for this specific hub?

Compliance: thus have PM'd you unexpurgated ADMIN + NETLOG screen prints (unfortunately my server now filters PM replies)

EDIT: Today the GUI (Resource Inhibited menu) has  now included the "Change Password" option.

@Tudor wrote:

Love it. VM asking you to break forum rules when they should have asked for the details via “purple mail”.

K's . for the attempt but remember VM are fully aware that I'm a loose cannon/maverick as I emphasised those  conditions before I accepted the role of original Community Ambassador back in 2010.

Means I'm an arrogant responder that is only interested in technical details of progressing a particular problem but also highlighting the (deliberate?) inability of many users to interpret the correct "context".....    in other words "I don't suffer fools gladly irrespective of their status/position/employment/posting history/Kudo's awarded-received, et al"!

Context in this case is of course that VM post effectively "MENTIONED" a specific user with "PLEASE SEND ME" and thus unfortunately attempting to score cheap points against VM simply demonstrates:  "DAMNANT QUOD  NON INTELLIGANT"

Anyway before I expand into another example of "Bovine Soliloquy",  I'm awaiting instructions from VM to allow me to post a redacted screen print as I don't believe in these "secret  squirrel" PM's because they only encourage the paranoia and conspiracy theories for those that have trouble interpreting the context!

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@davsco1973 thanks for providing the details, however my post was aimed to horseman so we could show the product team. I can however confirm that the software version you have is correct, this is a new version that's currently being rolled out.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules