Menu
JudyB2366
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Smart plugs

Have just set up my Teckin  smart plug turns on and off but anything connected to it won't work any ideas please

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Smart plugs

As the smart plug simply allows the power to be on or off it suggests the smart plug is faulty.  Presumably the devices you are plugging into the smart plug work when plugged directly into the power socket without the smart plug.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Richw1982
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin equipment e.g. Hub and V6 do overnight updates and sometimes miss them when they are turned off.  Either causing them not to work or run less efficiently

I work for Virgin Media O2 but all oppinions are my own
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Richw1982 wrote:

Virgin equipment e.g. Hub and V6 do overnight updates and sometimes miss them when they are turned off.  Either causing them not to work or run less efficiently

This response appears to be unrelated to the opening post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was just pointing out that as smart plugs turn things off at mains source level when not being used, they may cause missed updates or VM devices to stop working

I work for Virgin Media O2 but all oppinions are my own
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There would be no point connecting a Hub via a smart plug.  The smart plug would not work if the Hub is turned off, unless connected to a different network.

0 Kudos