Menu
kierendavidson
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Smart plug advice

Hi all whats the best smart plugs to use with hub 3. I've got some teckin ones but they will not pair. 

0 Kudos
Kallor
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart plug advice

I've got three TP-Link Tapo Smart Plugs connected to the hub 3 brilliant plugs no issues.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mine is a TP-Link, works well. Note that it connects only at 2.4GHz.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would say the "best" ones are Devolo magic ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/devolo-Magic-2-2400-WiFi-next/dp/B089185YD7/

Mind you I wouldn't pay ~£280 quid for that "iffy" solution.  You should get a good a Mesh system to cure your wifi woes.  £100-170 will sort it forever.  Or there are even cheaper solutions that may do it for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have given up on most of the smart plugs I had, tried various makes, but all want to call home and will not work when the internet is disconnected. Also i need ones to work with Apple HomeKit app which most will not. Have now built some Raspberry Pi hardware to activate relays and written some software for communication between all the machines and Apple HomeKit. Most are also now connected via Ethernet which is a big win.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos