Menu
Iggy24
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sharp smart TV not seeing IP and Gateway

My Sharp smart TV will no longer connect to YouTube or BBC iPlayer. This has only happened for the past two weeks. It used to be ok. When I try to connect the TV shows that the IP address and Gateway address are not found. The TV is hardwired to the Virgin 3 hub using an ethernet cable. Can I fix this by accessing the  hub via my laptop? If so please explain steps to take.

Cheers Iggy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sharp smart TV not seeing IP and Gateway

Have you tried rebooting both the TV the hub? Also removing and reinserting the HDMI cable if you have a wired access

Also, check that your TV has the correct time and date set as that can often prevent the internet working.

I would also check that the TV hasn't got a pending update that needs completing.

Double check the hub settings to make sure the TV shows up there, and check if it's connected by 5G or 2.4G and change that if necessary.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Iggy24
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, thanks for the response. See info below-

TV and Hub have both been rebooted. I've been using an Ethernet cable to connect the TV to the Hub, don't think this is faulty as the TV sees other settings on the Hub, but not the IP or Gateway addresses(?).

Time and date are both correct on the TV. TV has not ever shown that an update is required or available.

The Hub settings do not show the TV is connected- perhaps this is a clue?

I've now switched the TV to wireless mode and can now see YouTube again, but I suspect the reported fault is still there. I'll try a new Ethernet cable tonight and see if that fixes the fault....

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could also test the ethernet ports on the hub by placing both ends of the cable into the hub ports, they should both light up. I suggest checking each ethernet port just in case.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Iggy24
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave

I will also try this tomorrow.....

Cheers Iggy

“It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”- Muhammad Ali 

0 Kudos