Menu
georgemac01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Set up due on 15th Jan

Hi All My service is due to be activated on 15th Jan 2021.  Is it possible to have my hub in one room hard wired to  the TV in another room 10m away 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Set up due on 15th Jan

Can you clarify what you mean. Are you getting a Hub and also a V6, or Tivo, or 360 - VM TV box as well. Which one? Or do you just want to connect your TV to the Hub by ethernet cable?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
georgemac01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John My package includes Virgin TV 360 box

Virgin Media hub 3.0 

What is the best way to connect

I also wish to have my PC hard wired

Thanks for your reply

George

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I dont have a 360 - you should ask in the 360 forum for a better answer re that box.

However, it will require a connection to the VM network via a coax cable to an interior wall point that VM will install on the day coming in from your external wall omnibox.. They will put it where you want (access permitting) but wont permanently conceal any cable - so if you want it a long way from the entry point they will just clip it around the skirting boards. If you install "buried" conduit tubing containing "pull ropes" (strings!) they will pull it through those. It will also need connecting to the Hub either by wifi or ethernet cable and to your TV by HDMI cable.

The Hub also needs co-ax connection to the network and can connect to the same wall box via a splitter, or if you want it somewhere "distant" they can run cable around the house (access permitting) and drill through an install a second wall point in a different room. The PC needs connecting then by ethernet cable - I would buy my own good quality Cat6 cable and pre install that from where the Hub is going to where the PC is. When they install the Hub make sure you ask then to connect with a cable long enough to allow you to move it later bay say a meter oe two. They can sometimes just use a standard 1m cable - which may well be ok for you but doesn't give much room to reposition to optimise signals in the future. Any future changes of equipment locations will cost £99 as a non-fault call out charge

Remember tea and biscuits can make all the difference 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
georgemac01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John. I eventually got a chat. Someone will call me this week to discuss how to install my package within the house. Thanks for your comments and time. Keep safe and hopefully 2021 will be better for us all

George

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK - but be aware that VM are.... " not very good" ... at calling customers back. It's often used by CS agents as a way to close the call or chat, so they can move on to the next customer and doesnt get followed through.

But you may get lucky. If not call the Pre-installation and delivery team - they may be able to help - n.b. calling any VM number is best done at 08.00 for the best chance of getting through quickly,

They are on.. 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
georgemac01
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John Thanks for that tip

George

0 Kudos