Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sending emails to gmail using localhost on xampp

Hi I am using Xampp Ver 3.2.4 with localhost and am trying to send emails via gmail I have tried every combination of server settings that I can find but no joy can anyone suggest anything I might try? here are my PHP.ini  and PHP sendfile.ini files. any help would be most appreciative

php.ini File

[mail Function[

sendmail_path = "\"C:\xampp\sendmail\sendmail.exe\" -t" 

everything else commented out

php sendfile.ini

smtp_server=smtp.gmail.com
smtp_port=587
error_logfile=error.log
debug_logfile=debug.log
auth_username=xxxxxxxx@gmail.com
auth_password=xxxxxxxxxx
force_sender=xxxxxx@gmail.com

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending emails to gmail using localhost on xampp

Hi ossie123,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Can I just confirm are you able to send emails using using the local host? 

^Martn

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi Martin

Thanks for your reply, the simple php text that I am using says that the email has been sent so no issues with account authorization but can not receive any text using localhost Via xamp I can send and receive emails using normal windows to this account so there is no problem with that. have tried so many different ways but to know avail.

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information concerning this ossie123.

From the information you have provided this isn't something we would be able to help with as you're using a Gmail email address and the system is 3rd party software. 

We would recommend reaching out the companies themselves so they can assist further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Martin

Thanks for your reply you are correct when you say that I am using a 3rd party ie Gmail however there are two servers involved Gmail and Virgin as this is the server I am sending email to so the protocols of both are involved, but I have just sorted the problem out and it is now working fine, a stupid childlike error as always my sendfile.ini which is in xampp is located in my G:/ drive but the default drive is C:/ once I altered this it worked fine.  

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I thought GMAIL did not allow this type of connection any more. I Rember having some trouble last year doing something like this on one of my Raspberry Pi’s. You are not using any of VM’s mail system only their internet infrastructure and believe that it’s nothing to do with VM and not their problem. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos