Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

S20 FE specs

Hiya all I'm looking at getting the s20 fe, however I want the 5g version as it has the snapdragon processor. 

My problem is when I look at the specs list on the virgin website it has a few inconsistencies that are putting me off:

1) 12gb or ram (no version of the phone I can find anywhere else has 12gb of ram) 

2)Exynos chip (only the 4g version runs the exynos cpu but the description says this is the 5g version)

Any help would be much appreciated thanks guys! 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: S20 FE specs

Hi leuanash,

VM are selling both the galaxy-s20-fe  and the s20-fe-5g 

The 5G version has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor (see below comparison screenshot)

I don't know where they they get the 12gb of ram. Both mobiles have 128gb of internal storage, but will either have 6gb or 8gb of ram

Checking this page on  gsmarena  gives the specs breakdown on the 5G version.

Glancing at the gsmarena 5G review they say, "The Fan Edition also tops out at 8GB of RAM (6GB in the base version), while the regular S20s start at 8GB and can be had even with 12GB." 

EDIT - forgot the screenshot.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/pay-monthly/samsung/galaxy-s20-fe?intcmpid=mobiledeals_posD3&tab=...

The above answer is not an answer, it's more like copsplain🤔

The above page (which should have at least had the 12GB ram changed by now 🤔) is that selling the 5G or the none 5G, because it's advertising both 😱.

Please post the links (that I can see you have used) to both phones so I can see the price difference. 

Thank you 👍

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/pay-monthly/samsung/galaxy-s20-fe-5g?tab=specifications

Found it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Forget everything, apart from the 12GB of ram and it's NOT 5G, the first link, not this one above. The specs are very misleading otherwise...

Would have delete the above post but can't... No edit either. Can you tell it's been years since I was on a Virgin forum.

0 Kudos