cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router

John345
Joining in

Hi I'm new Virgin Media, see lot of you put the router in to modem mode. can you do away all together with Virgin Media router?

Just have one router?

Thanks

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@John345  Simple answer - no.  You need the VM router to connect to their broadband system.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@John345  Simple answer - no.  You need the VM router to connect to their broadband system.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM hub is a router and a modem. For modem mode you just use the modem part and not the router. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Because having two devices for the internet is one too many...is it really that big of a deal?

---------------------------------------------------------------