Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Removing outside cabling

Hi,

We moved into a new house in Dec. We aren’t Virgin customers but previous occupant was. We’ve had a new aerial put on the roof and new cabling. In the process of this the virgin wires in green tubing have been removed from where they went into a box on the front wall of the house. They're now just hanging around in the front garden and run across the garden then through the wall into the pavement. How do I get rid of them? Seems to be two wires, one is a coaxial one. Can I cut them? Will Virgin come and remove them?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removing outside cabling

who removed them. They are considered utilities jsut like gas and water and shouldn't be removed or damages.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you rebury it for future use?

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The guys who did the new aerial took them out of the box. I’m sure they can easily be put back in the box but they’re not connected to anything internally. I don’t want them now or in future  They’re not really buried either just under some gravel in an unsightly green tube that sticks out at either end. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Those guys were cowboys. I'd check that they ran a complete new cable for your aerial and didn't do a connection to a Virgin Media cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i'd question them as you are going to be responsible if any faults happen due to noise injected into the VM network from your cut cable

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They weren’t cowboys. They did run a new cable and everything has worked well for months. Nothing has been cut just unplugged. I’m just trying to understand if I’m stuck with this long green pipe on my property forever when I don’t require it? I wouldn’t mind if it had been installed well e.g. underground. But it hasn’t and is visible.  If it was is as permanent as actual utilities surely it should have been installed in a better way?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They tampered with another company's property and have made it possible for noise ingress which would cause problems for the neighbourhood.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos