• 3
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Relocating external fibre box and cable

I need to move the external fibre junction box and relocate the router and Virgin media TV box to other rooms. How do I request that ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
  • 15.8K
  • 2.1K
  • 4.96K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Relocating external fibre box and cable

Hi @Burtybhoy 

You need to speak to faults to arrange a booking.

It's a £25 non fault callout charge for the work (it used to be £100)

Call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the visit.


I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Love, love and love, forever - Pele

0 Kudos
  • 8.73K
  • 556
  • 1.66K
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Relocating external fibre box and cable

If you do have fibre to your property remember you'll need a nearby socket to power the relocated unit in the external box.

Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM broadband connection