cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QuickStart installation- isolater cable to wall doesn’t fit in socket there

SaskiaBarron18
Joining in

I've just moved into a property and I'm trying to set up my Virgin Fibre broadband and TV package. I'm at the stage where I need to plug the isolator cable into the Virgin Media wall socket. However, I do not have any of the specified wall sockets available, and the round socket that is there it doesn’t fit into. I was told when purchasing the broadband and TV package that fibre was available here and already in use, so am wondering if I'm missing or will need an engineer sent out asap. Please 

2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Community elder

Post a picture of what you have.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will only have been sent a QuickStart pack if the premises previously had VM. The box and cables may have been removed by the previous occupiers. There should be an omnibox, often brown or gray, on the outside of the premises, try tracing the cable/s from it. If no luck call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2