Menu
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 21 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Purchase New Super Hub 4.0

I drink, with the right people, and I know things.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 22 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@CarlTSpeak wrote:

I drink, with the right people, and I know things.

so speculation then.
otherwise reveal your source with credible evidence.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 23 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Believe whatever you wish to.

The idea that I would reveal the people I talk to, with all the repercussions for them and I on a personal and professional level that would result, to satisfy some random online is utterly moronic.

Do consider showing the same level of skepticism to the forum's resident fantasist, too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 24 of 37
Flag for a moderator

then why post it then?
why should anyone believe what you say over anyone else?

unless someone can back up a claim with actual evidence then it's pure speculation at best, at worst poppycock.

i have no idea who the forum resident fantastist is, but they would get the same level as you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 25 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:
then why post it then?
why should anyone believe what you say over anyone else?

unless someone can back up a claim with actual evidence then it's pure speculation at best, at worst poppycock.

i have no idea who the forum resident fantastist is, but they would get the same level as you.

imo - note that - you need to know who is who - if CarlT or whatever name he wants to use states something then i would take it as fact - again imo he does not need to quantify anything or posts links

but you can call his info out - thats up to you

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 26 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

imo - note that - you need to know who is who - if CarlT or whatever name he wants to use states something then i would take it as fact - again imo he does not need to quantify anything or posts links

but i don't know him from "Adam", so there is nothing to suggest any info from anyone is more reliable than anyone elses.

all i'm saying is that if you post something that looks like an "i know something that you don't know" sort of way then at least quantify it with something that shows it's not just poppycock. otherwise all you're doing is trying to play the "look at me, i know something" card.

but hey, before the mods chime in, let's keep the thread "on topic"?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 27 of 37
Flag for a moderator

If this were a newspaper's website the editor would require evidence for a journalist's postings, this is O Level Journalism, but for a community forum we can post facts without declaring the source and opinions as we see fit (subject to the usual rules against libel, racism and suchlike).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 28 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

If this were a newspaper's website the editor would require evidence for a journalist's postings, this is O Level Journalism, but for a community forum we can post facts without declaring the source and opinions as we see fit (subject to the usual rules against libel, racism and suchlike).

IMO "facts without source" are just opinions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 29 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:

@-tony- wrote:

but i don't know him from "Adam", so there is nothing to suggest any info from anyone is more reliable than anyone elses.

all i'm saying is that if you post something that looks like an "i know something that you don't know" sort of way then at least quantify it with something that shows it's not just poppycock. otherwise all you're doing is trying to play the "look at me, i know something" card.

but hey, before the mods chime in, let's keep the thread "on topic"?

sure he wont be bothered if you know him or not - maybe read a few of his 3500 posts and form an opinion - thats up to you - or work out what name he posted under before or posts at on other forums that discuss the internet etc - we are on topic [sort of] the comments were about the hub4 which you disputed - my opinion is the facts were/are correct and should be accepted from the poster - if you dont want to do that its that thats off topic

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 30 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

sure he wont be bothered if you know him or not - maybe read a few of his 3500 posts and form an opinion - thats up to you - or work out what name he posted under before or posts at on other forums that discuss the internet etc - we are on topic [sort of] the comments were about the hub4 which you disputed - my opinion is the facts were/are correct and should be accepted from the poster - if you dont want to do that its that thats off topic

we are both already memebers of the kitz forum, so i am very "aware" of said person.
however you should note that i haven't given an opinion on the claim that was made, only that if it can't be backed up with facts or sources then it should remain as unsubstantiated until any such official announcement that confirms what was said is true.

it may be true, it may be poppycock - i cannot confirm which without supporting evidence.

0 Kudos