Menu
Message 11 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Purchase New Super Hub 4.0

Hi,
Can we please ensure the thread stays on topic, as it doesn't help the OP solve their issue. If you want to continue a discussion, please either take it to Private Messages or discuss in our Chatter forum. Please also note that further off-topic posting may result in individual warnings, review the Forum Guidelines for more information.

Thanks
chenks
Community elder
Message 12 of 31
Flag for a moderator

the OP can't have their issue solved, as it's not an issue that is solveable.
they asked if they can purchase the hub4, unless they can get the Gig1 package then the answer is no.
Tudor
Hero
Message 13 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I’m with Chenks on this. The OP asked “can i purchase the new hub 4 so i can take advantage of the better wifi speeds/coverage?”. 

The ONLY answer is NO, you cannot purchase a Hub4 (it’s not called a Super Hub 4), you can only RENT it with a VM subscription to the 1G service that is only available in one small area. It may well be released on other areas, but history shows that VM never release their plans for availability. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Guess we just have to wait for them to stop making the hub3 so everyone can get a hub4...but I know the hub 4 will be a disappointment.

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@legacy1 wrote:
Guess we just have to wait for them to stop making the hub3 so everyone can get a hub4...but I know the hub 4 will be a disappointment.

And use up their mountain of stock !😀

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
tomcoleman
Tuning in
Message 16 of 31
Flag for a moderator

wounder if virgin will upgrade peoples Hub3 to hub4 kinda like BT did with its hubs............

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 17 of 31
Flag for a moderator

only if there is an incentive for them to do so.
It makes no business sense to do it to get nothing in return.
0 Kudos
Ag1el1
Tuning in
Message 18 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I have the Hub 4.0 as I just signed up to the 1Gb. There is no reason for a "upgrade" to this Hub its all the same other than it hits the speed of the modem and maybe the speed of the Wi-Fi other than that all is the same. I hate this Hub and only been using it for the last few hours. The hub software is the same nothing has ganged and some setting have been buried even more. The hub has no lights on the device other than the bright strip light that thank god can be turned off. There is no LED lights to show if anything is connected even the Ethernet ports no longer have lights. I would go out and Purchase a 3rd party router over this. You will have better coverage and speed on the Wi-Fi if you get a decent one. Look at ASUS, D-Link, Netgear for routers. I don't trust any of the Hubs that Virgin put out. 

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Community elder
Message 19 of 31
Flag for a moderator

So this is what it takes for the moderators here to actually wake up. Interesting. 

Some customers not on Gig1 will get a Hub 4 - helps make better use of the available capacity rather than having a gigabit or more of capacity from the 3.1 OFDM carrier being used by so few Gig1 subs you could fit them in a phone box.

I don't know the timescales for this to happen but this is how it is. 

Cue people calling retentions demanding a Hub 4 else they'll cancel their 500 Mb to go to 76 via BT. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 20 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@CarlTSpeak wrote:

So this is what it takes for the moderators here to actually wake up. Interesting. 

Some customers not on Gig1 will get a Hub 4 - helps make better use of the available capacity rather than having a gigabit or more of capacity from the 3.1 OFDM carrier being used by so few Gig1 subs you could fit them in a phone box.

I don't know the timescales for this to happen but this is how it is. 

Cue people calling retentions demanding a Hub 4 else they'll cancel their 500 Mb to go to 76 via BT. 

source or speculation?

0 Kudos