Menu
Eldrad666
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ProctorU whitelisting

Hi, I need to sit an exam online and per this:

https://www.cipfa.org/qualifications/exams/online-exams

Virgin media block proctoru from working.  I can't find anything on here or on the main site regarding getting this done - can anyone help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: ProctorU whitelisting

It works ok for me, have you checked your local settings and made sure childsafe is turned off on my.virginmedia?

Regards

Rich

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
Eldrad666
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich, I have used their test it page and everything seems to work ok - but they specifically state that just because that works, it doesn't mean the actual proctoru session for the exam will work...!  I have made sure childsafe is off and I have a technical test scheduled for the weekend, but given they specifically mention virgin media being a problem, I didnt want to leave it, in case it is something that takes an age to fix.

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

AFAICS their concerns are with Web Safe, specifically its Child Safe component, interfering with the testing environment but by turning it off you have negated the need to ask Virgin Media to allow specific sites, like LogMeIn.

To make sure Child Safe is off confirm you can visit http://nordVPN.com without issue.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Eldrad666
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey, I did the technical test this morning and all worked fine (without having to do anything else re the whitelisting) - thanks all for your help.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That is good to read. Consider marking your last post as Helpful (aka Solved) to help future forum users. Good luck with your exam.

0 Kudos