Menu
frustration100
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Porting landline numbers

Need to port a landline number from virgin to vodafone. A degree of competance in telephone technology is needed. It can be done simply on mobile phones, but need it to be done on a landline this time. Anyone with knowledge in this area.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting landline numbers

Hello

As you are porting a number out of Virginmedia then the people to contact would be Vodaphone, as long as both lines are active then Vodaphone will need to make the request to Virginmedia to complete the request, once Vodaphone has done the request it can take upto 10 days to complete.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting landline numbers

Do not contact Virgin & give any notice. It is Vodafones job to do this & is part of the correct procedure.

If you contact Virgin yourself you risk a situation where the port will be blocked.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos