cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a telephone number to a VOIP provider

osprey2
Tuning in

I previously had my home line number ported from BT to Virgin. no problem. I then went VOIP with Sipgate - no problem. I now wish to port the number from Sipgate to Andrew & Arnold ‘s VOIP service. Apparently the range holder for the number is Virgin , as SIPGATE do not have their own porting agreement. I need to know who Virgin who they host and port their numbers with? Does anybody know the answer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@osprey2 wrote:

I previously had my home line number ported from BT to Virgin. no problem. I then went VOIP with Sipgate - no problem. I now wish to port the number from Sipgate to Andrew & Arnold ‘s VOIP service. Apparently the range holder for the number is Virgin , as SIPGATE do not have their own porting agreement. I need to know who Virgin who they host and port their numbers with? Does anybody know the answer?

If your number was originally a BT allocated number it will still be one. Virgin never take ownership of ported numbers. It is basically a divert of incoming calls from BT to Virgin, plus Virgin changing your number ID to the BT one for outgoing calls.

Put your number in on this webpage & it will confirm who the owner of the number is from OFCOM records:

https://portal.aql.com/telecoms/network_lookup.php 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

osprey2
Tuning in

I agree I am also confused as to the fact Andrew & Arnold ‘s VOIP service don’t know the answer.

Client62
Legend

We have 3 numbers with Sipgate I have always found them to be responsive to questions about the service.

Might be worth a direct question submitted from the account that you are looking to move.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@osprey2 wrote:

If your number was originally a BT allocated number it will still be one. Virgin never take ownership of ported numbers. It is basically a divert of incoming calls from BT to Virgin, plus Virgin changing your number ID to the BT one for outgoing calls.

Put your number in on this webpage & it will confirm who the owner of the number is from OFCOM records:

https://portal.aql.com/telecoms/network_lookup.php 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

osprey2
Tuning in

Thank you . In the end I just had to fill in an authorisation form and it is going through.