Menu
trurorules
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone line reconnection advice

A couple of weeks ago, I was planning to change provider. We went through the process of having their BT phone installed and the engineer took away the Virgin connection box cover. We then changed our minds and cancelled the whole thing. However now we do not have a working phone in the house but paying for a landline. The phone is very useful for my disabled husband.

I just want to check if it is the responsibility of the other provider to reconnect the line or is it Virgin? If Virgin has to reconnect the line, is there a charge and how much?

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line reconnection advice

BT shouldn't have done anything to the Virgin box, as they use entirely different lines.
what exactly did they remove and take away?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey trurorules,

As @spgray said above, BT shouldn't be using any wiring or sockets that belong to us, they should be installing their own sockets and wiring.  

Have they removed the cover from the phone socket or the box on the outside of your wall? 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
trurorules
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They fitted in their BT line to our house but the small white socket in the house now has BT on it. I've written to Sky to complain anyway. Because they changed the line to BT and that has been cancelled we desperately need our Virgin number reconnected. 

0 Kudos
trurorules
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just the small socket box cover I think. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey trurorules,

I can take a further look into your account but would need to do this by private message, so that we can clear account security and confirm your details.

I will drop the private message over in a moment, so that we can get it sorted for you.

Thanks
Steven_L

0 Kudos