Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Parts supply

Hi, Could anyone tell me how I could possibly purchase a spare part for my Virgin ‘kit’. I want the white 3 pin power plug with the green light in that powers the little white box on the wall inside my house. I Cannot find anywhere on the website to answer this enquiry or anywhere that I can easily find to email this enquiry to.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Parts supply

what little white box?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

there is a small white box screwed to the wall behind my tv and virgin kit, it’s about 6 inch by 4inch in size, it has 2 cables from it, one to the power plug, the other cable goes to a to the router and TiVo box. I want a spare power plug as the first one failed and had to be replaced when I first had virgin installed. (Took 3 days to resolve)

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if this is virgin kit then you should call CS and report the issue when it fails.
it would not be advisable to get your own unless you were 100% sure it was the exact spec of the original.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help .. i would like to get an original from virgin but it’s so hard to try to get through online or by phone.. The plug had failed once before, it took 3 days and hours on the phone for me to get resolved. (This was on my first day as a virgin customer) At the moment with home working I cannot afford to be left with no broadband for days should it fail again. Depending on what the plug costs it may be worth me having one spare. I’ve tried to call CS I cannot get through, the message say at least an hour to speak to someone.. I cannot find a way just to email the enquiry online. Very frustrating.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i doubt they'll supply you one to keep as a spare, even if you offered to pay for it.
virgin do not have email as a method of contacting them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

they dont send out spares - if something fails they replace it - there is no SLA - thats one part why do you think it would fail in the future - it sounds like a powered splitter or similar - maybe you could ask for the splitter - a spare hub and tv box if you have one

as said they dont send out spares just in case

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony..

0 Kudos