Menu
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PC to Tv streaming

Think this may be the correct place to ask, i have a lot of movies,tv shows stored on my pc, when we first got connected to virgin i was able to "cast to" my tv from pc with no issues, also using my philips smart tv i was able to navigate  via the network function on my tv ,back to my pc to the folder used to store this content, now lately when im using either method the stream freezes..a lot! i installed universal media server and this was working much better thn windows media server, btu now alas this is freezing, any one have any idea if its media server related, anything i can change settings in the roueter, or any clue what i can do to get this working again, i do have 3 kids in the house who all use the wifi, but my pc were the media is stored is connected to router via a lan cable. any one got any ideas?

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PC to Tv streaming

Well I streamed from my PC to my TV in the past, but it was with a long extension cable and adapter to an HDMI input on the TV

Now I store films on Blu-ray discs and a spare SSD drive, and they plug into/play on my Blu-ray player USB  or my freeview box USB socket.

They have a large storage capacity and can hold a large inventory of mp4 files.

0 Kudos
wevsky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can still use the usb stick to plug into tv. but i cant add 4k rips onto a usb stick with a 4gb mkv file transfer limited, not unless i format the drive to exfat. which then doesnt work on the tv. so i need to use the pc to stream said movies to the tv.
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I've locked this thread due to the topic. Please see the Forum Rules here as we do not allow posts concerning the downloading and or sharing of copyrighted content. 

Thanks,

Lisa