Menu
Bettyrose
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Outside hotspot

I have a question to ask  looking to set up my firestick up on my tv  to a wifi hotspot while out camping not sure what to do or can you use the campsite wifi hope you can help me on this please 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside hotspot

Speak to the people who run the campsite and ask them for the wifi details and password so you can connect your firestick to their broadband. 

They should be fine with that, although some may have restrictions on streaming.  

The main issue though would be the strength of the wifi signal.

Once you have the wifi connection details just log into the network settings, select the SSID and enter the password

There are plenty of videos on youtube showing how to connect a firestick to a wifi hotspot.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is possible, but you have to consider 2 things:

1) Can you get a plot close enough to the transmitter for it to work effectively.

2) There are liable to be utilisation issues particularly if the site is busy.

The better option is usually a tablet that you can download content too before you leave so you eliminate any streaming issues on site.

Most people serious about streaming content would go for the more expensive option of 4G mobile internet when away from home.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I recommend that you buy a data-only 4G SIM card and a MiFi router.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos