Menu
StJames2020
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Outside cable above ground and exposed

Hi, I am trying to find who within Virgin to contact about this issue. Pre-existing Virgin cabling in home. It starts from pavement into our long front garden underground, then resurfaces across a parking space for three metres, then returns under lawn for twenty metres before returning above ground for seven metres. There appears no major cabling protection and it keeps getting driven over by visitors/deliveries etc so I worry it will become damaged. Also very poor installation originally. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. I assume this should be for Virgin to install/bury properly? It must be a good few years ago it was installed. Thank you in advance...

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Outside cable above ground and exposed

Good Morning StJames2020,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see there has been a poor installation that has taken place previously

I'd like to take some details from you and possibly some pictures too, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

StJames2020
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to say, David from Virgin has fully resolved this issue for me. The field team have been out, done some prep work and have booked in for new cabling. Pretty slick service via Forum. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for popping back and updating us StJames2020 and happy to hear it's been fully resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with and I'll be sure to let @david know about this.

Thanks,

Lisa

StJames2020
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, I hope you are keeping well. You helped me with this issue in September and since then the grounds team have been out, done the prep work and are due back in December. You had waived the £99 charge but advised me to keep an eye on the bill. I've received notification that my next bill due end of November includes the £99 charge. Can you resolve this please? I've been online but cannot find a way to contact Virgin billing. I tried the message option but without a reply. Many thanks, James - account [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos