Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Outside brown cable junction box cover broken

The outside cable junction box for our house has had a broken cover for several months now. Given the situation with Covid-19, I thought that, as this was a relatively minor problem, I wouldn't bother the faults guys with it so I fixed it temporarily with gaffer tape. However, my temporary repair has now failed so I now need a proper repair since the weather is getting worse.

As the VM site suggests that their phone lines are really busy and should be kept clear for major problems, I wonder if one of the VM staff members on this forum might contact me to arrange a repair please.

I have tried to report this via the VM website but ended up going round and round the help section to no avail, so any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside brown cable junction box cover broken

Can anyone help with this? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Two options.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.). Select broadband faults,

or If you have a mobile phone with internet access via WiFi or mobile data you could try the text message service.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I hadn't come across the text message service. Text has been sent 🤞

0 Kudos