Menu
hannahrobbo1992
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Outside Cover Box Broken

Hello! 😀

I've tried to call Virgin now a couple of times now but don't seem to be having any luck 😔

I noticed during lockdown that our virgin media box outside our property is now really badly damaged (due to general wear and tear and the neighbour hood cats I think - it wasnt great when we moved into the property orginally). The cover for the box has come off and I've had to cellotape and reattach the cover just so the wires dont pop out at the top. Everything is working fine but I'm paranoid if the weather goes bad again that rain water will get into the box.

How should I go about dealing with this, is this something that requires an engineer to come and fix? 

Hope you can help! 

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Hannah. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside Cover Box Broken

Hey Hannah,

The box on the external wall is just to cover the cabling and connections, are you able to get some duct tape to secure it? Our engineers will only go our if there is a fault and I appreciate that we don't want to wait for a fault to occur but due to the current situation we're in, it is unlikely that we'll be able to arrange for an engineer to secure it I'm afraid.

What I would advise is if you can secure it as much as you can and hope the cats stop paying attention to it. However if a fault does occur or you see your services not behaving as expected, please let us know so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos