Menu
LiverpoolDrive
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Outdoor cable routing and installation work

I have an installation booked but trying to find out were this cable will enter the grounds and how it will be routed?  There is a Green cable box on Gardenfield Drive and a surface cable plate in front of the house in Liverpool Drive.  I have read that cables are no longer buried, to avoid risk or hitting utilities and if they are buried usually 1 – 6 inches only, or just laid on the ground or tacked onto fences and the like. I would rather prepare the ground for the installers and provide a route that is not likely to damage the garden we have spent years cultivating and robust enough to withstand life outdoors.  Who should I contact to have an initial survey completed prior to the installation work commencing?

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outdoor cable routing and installation work

the cable will enter your property where the "T-point" is on the pavement.
you can lay ducting for the cable if you wish, however virgin won't live paving etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
LiverpoolDrive
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outdoor cable routing and installation work

What does a "T" point look like please for the less well technically educated?  A picture would be helpful.    Can you confirm that if I install and provide ducting and a pull-through that the engineers will use it?  Is there any length limit to this please.

0 Kudos