Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Omni box

Hello my omni box lid hasn't been on for over a year and there's a cable going over my fence then over next doors house to their neighbours. I wanted to know if that box serves multiple houses or just mine and if they're stealing my internet or not. They've been coming up my path and couching down near the box and it's by my front door. I'd prefer it so they didn't have to come onto my property and if Virgin would in future let us know that they where installing the over hanging cables. Thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Omni box

they are not steeling your internet. Normally this would be a temp fix until VM can run a cable for the neighbours.

It doesn't;t matter if its connected to your box all internet shares the same cable anyway

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for that, the quick fix has been like that for over 12 months, the cable is at head height between mine and next doors property were our bins are kept. The neighbour keeps coming up onto our property, so should I just call for an engineer to sort the cabling out and put a cover on the panel so they don't have to come onto my property anymore ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you should report it and get it fixed. you may want to let the neighbour know so they can cwell as well. They will need a cable repull to keep services after its removed

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks