cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data at festival?

steve115cbr
Joining in

Hi all, I’ve just got back from a music festival but whilst there lost the ability to use any data (google/ weather app etc) even though my phone showed 3G or 4G all the time. When I tried to Google the blue data line went about a quarter of the way across and then just froze. I turned it off and on again numerous times but nothing worked. Everyone else in my group were using data without any problems (on different networks) which was really annoying! There was a temporary phone mast there so this shouldn’t have been an issue Once we left the site ( about 5 miles) my apps started working again.
Will this have been a network issue or a settings issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your apps started working again when away from the site, that's got nothing to do with your settings and everything to do with a congested network.

Very likely the onsite temp-site wasn't an O2 one - assuming you're talking about a Virgin/O2 mobile, of course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your apps started working again when away from the site, that's got nothing to do with your settings and everything to do with a congested network.

Very likely the onsite temp-site wasn't an O2 one - assuming you're talking about a Virgin/O2 mobile, of course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks