Menu
Ivygreen
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New modem printer and smart plugs don’t work

In June 2020 I upgraded my package and added a extra TiVo box since then my printer and Alexa smart plugs no longer work it is a wireless printer I have spent in access of 50+ hours with virgin tech department trying to resolve the issue calling and messaging every month for 10 months and they have been unable to resolve the issue all they tell me to do is turn off reboot the modem and printer 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New modem printer and smart plugs don’t work

When you upgraded the VM package, did you swap over the VM hub at the same time?

Given the amount of time you have spent on the problem with VM, and the long time that has passed in between, do you not have a friendly local computer tech/shop who can look at it for you and get it working?

Ivygreen
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes they gave me a new modem and this is when the problem started

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you got the new VM hub, have you reconfigured all of the wireless devices which are not working to work with the new wireless settings and wireless password for the new hub?

It is often best to reset the device (like the printer for example) you are trying to connect to the replacement VM hub and start afresh with the new wireless settings/password of the replacement hub. After that, you may also need to repeat the setup process on any devices which you want to access the printer once the printer is actually connected to the network.

If you are trying to make all of these devices work wirelessly, then carrying out the setup routines with the devices in the same room as the VM hub is the best bet to begin with so as to avoid any connectivity issues if the devices are in different rooms during setup.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Which make and model printer is it?

With most of them you should be able to  set up the printer via ethernet and follow the set up process. then once installed you should be able to change the settings to wireless.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali