Menu
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 51 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Gig1 Service Upstream Speeds are still poor

On the topic of upload speeds.

There is no reason why, if an area is able to run Gig1 well, it shouldn't be able to deliver 100 Mb upstream.

If this is something people want they need to let VM know.

Pointing out that the competition will be offering 115 Mb upstream as of late March / early April wouldn't hurt either.

Openreach GEA Price List 

Feature Note Operative date

Up to 1000Mbit/s /115Mbit/s 23/03/2020

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 52 of 55
Flag for a moderator

@louij2 wrote:

I don't want 10Gbps anyway I wanted 1Gbps, I am just showing that if 10Gbps is that simple on a LAN surely 1Gbps to a few homes who pay for it down the kit that is already in place or this new kit is very possible lol

Then you lack ambition.

I plan on having 2 x 1 Gbps services load balanced. Why?

1. I get an Internet connection for work paid for by them.
  2. Because I can.
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 53 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Already told them and they said they are the market leaders for the upload and take the feedback on board so if they still want to claim that then they'll have to up the game. Also being the market leader of having the highest upstream for Broadband is like being the captain of the B team and not the A team at school... because their are still services that have better speeds just FTTP not the copper...

I am a Network Security Engineer
(Not working for VM)
My Broadband Speed Test
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 54 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I would get it if it was my household, I'm just the technical one...
I am a Network Security Engineer
(Not working for VM)
My Broadband Speed Test
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 55 of 55
Flag for a moderator

@louij2 wrote:
Already told them and they said they are the market leaders for the upload and take the feedback on board so if they still want to claim that then they'll have to up the game

Nonsense. 50 Mbps upload speeds, before overheads, are available from any ISP reselling Openreach's 330/50 G.fast or 330/50 FTTP services.

Faster still are available from any other FTTP provider in the UK.

They are playing their usual nonsense game about 'widely available' and are quite mistaken. I reckon, ballpark, 20% or more of the country can get higher upload speeds than the 38.5 Mbps VM cap their 350 Mb tier at, and their Gig1 is most certainly not widely available, FTTP/B services offering 500 Mb upstream speeds are as available as Gig1.